Welcome to my blog!

I hope you will find it interesting enough to share your ideas and interests with me!


I love crafting, it's the first thing on my mind when I wake up and last before I go to sleep.

So I make bobbin lace, cards, patchwork, I do knitting and crochet and will try anything!

Come in and be a part of my seventh heaven!



Friday 27 January 2012

The healing power of crafting...

It's been so busy recently! Had to get the room ready for the girls, it's candyfloss and lilac:) Love it or hate it:) Workshops are picking up so well that I spend most of my time crafting and teaching, oh joy...!
Last night I realised how important crafting is in our lives, regardless what you do. I know I WOULD DIE without my quilting and cardmaking and all the other bits I do. But I am a gig:) Something happened that changed my way of thinking slightly.
A lady came to my class last night, she wasn't on the list and I was surprised to see her. And then she said that something terrible happened in her life recently so she thought she would come in and do a bit of cradmaking. My heart fell into pieces, all I could do is to give her a hug. We made fab Valentines cards and after they left I realised one simple thing: her coming to my class was such a compliment. She chose to come and spent some time with us, wow, that thought is so overwhelming! I am quite astonished. And I feel very privileged to have people like her in my workshops. It's motivating and it's pushing me to keep going! Money is not even that important! I helped someone in difficult times. I thank the Lord for gifting me with my skills for the energy to do this... I hope she feels better soon.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet story and yes....it should be a compliment to you. Crafting is very soothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb, it makes my life really worthwhile!

      Delete
  2. its nice to know that we help someone...in no matter how small a way xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad the lady found you. Crafts have been such a plus in my life.

    ReplyDelete