Welcome to my blog!

I hope you will find it interesting enough to share your ideas and interests with me!


I love crafting, it's the first thing on my mind when I wake up and last before I go to sleep.

So I make bobbin lace, cards, patchwork, I do knitting and crochet and will try anything!

Come in and be a part of my seventh heaven!



Friday 27 January 2012

Addicted to needlework:)

I just can't help myself. I love blackwork, totally obssesed with it now. Such a lovely pattern to work with. We stock Woodmouse at 7th Heaven and as soon as I saw I knew I had to make it. There is Woodmouse 2 and it's nearly finished, will keep you posted on it:)  All I want now is to have enough ££££ to frame it and put on the wall as a reminder how far I have come:) 




I have also finished my piece of lace. As you might know by now I don't do WHITE lace:) This is an original pattern by my mum-in-law Jan Gardiner, it sat on the pillow for months and I was quite annoyed with it at times. But now that it's finished I'm gonna miss it:) I have used olive green and black thread there and I have arranged bobbins randomly just to see how the threads wiil behave and how the colours will affect each other. Well, the result quite astonished me:) It is the best piece of lace I have done so far. But got fed up with torchon so....


... now I was set with a challenge and got buckspoint lace on my pillow (for those of you who don't know about lace: buckspoint lace is a naughty lace, it's got naked pins!!!!). And the colour you ask? Bright R*E*D:):)

2 comments:

  1. Love both your blackwork and lace pieces! I am quite a fan of blackwork, too, but I am in the minority in these parts. Can't wait to see your next creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame that blackwork is not publicied that much, for me it's the best of all needlwork:)

      Delete