Welcome to my blog!

I hope you will find it interesting enough to share your ideas and interests with me!


I love crafting, it's the first thing on my mind when I wake up and last before I go to sleep.

So I make bobbin lace, cards, patchwork, I do knitting and crochet and will try anything!

Come in and be a part of my seventh heaven!



Thursday 5 January 2012

A bit of lace

Today I am going to post stuff about my other hidden hobby: bobbin lace! Well, having Jan Gardiner (famous lacemaker) for a mother-in-law, I stood no chance. I had to learn how to make lace:) Wasn't quite sure if it's gonna work for me but it did! The problem is with so many exciting interests I really find it difficult to do all. Anyway, here is the project I am just about to finish. It's called Knot Garden, it's a simple torchon lace but I decided to put my twist on and instead making it in white I went for black and olive green. What's more, I put the bobbins randomly, there is no pattern how the colours should appear. And this is what I achieved:


5 comments:

  1. Hi Ola! How wonderful to be making lace!
    You are a no reply blogger so I can't respond to your comment - it's nice to be able to email replies and also to contact you if you were to win the giveaway!!
    Please see this site to learn how to change your settings so you can get replies!
    http://www.pleasant-home.com/2010/12/so-exciting-less-no-reply-bloggers.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lace making always looks SOO difficult! I have an aunt who does pillow lace, she is always telling me its easy...and that patchwork and quilting is HARD ! Each to his/her own xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks difficult but actually it is easy! You only work 4 bobbins at the time! UNLIKE patchwork it is easier to achive neat work if you understand what I mean:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness you are amazing. I have seen that done before and it looks so complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Barb! Honestly it's easy! If you would like to try here is the likn to Jan's web, she does day and weekend workshops. In fact there is one in February caled "The Spring Surgery":)
    www.lacewingdesigns.co.uk
    Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete