Welcome to my blog!

I hope you will find it interesting enough to share your ideas and interests with me!


I love crafting, it's the first thing on my mind when I wake up and last before I go to sleep.

So I make bobbin lace, cards, patchwork, I do knitting and crochet and will try anything!

Come in and be a part of my seventh heaven!



Monday 13 May 2013

Relaxing times:)

Now that my baby sleeps from 8pm till 8am (I know, I can't believe it myself) and the days are longer, I can actually do some needlework without disturbing her.
Today I'm sharing with you two projects: both are blackwork samples.
First one is called Mandala Garden and it was designed by my friend Kirstyanne. She has been doing cross stitch for many years and she has recently designed a lot of very cool patterns. This is however her attempt on blackwork and may I say very good one.
The work is in progress and lack of small beads has been solved by using golden metallic thread. There are 4 more squares to stitch and as Kirsty tells me I'm the first person to stitch this pattern.
There are some really cute cupcake and owl samplers she designed and when I get back from my holiday, I will be getting both:) It's time to take my cross stitch skills onto next level.
You can view Kirsty's designs on her website:

www.kirstyskrossstitch.co.uk



 And this one is by X Calibre Designs and it was a bit of a challenge but I love it! It's amazing how one thread can end up being something so pretty.


Next project? A quilt called "Izabela's Dreams"

xxx


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words Ola - I love your stitching and craft projects. The colours you decided on for the Mandala Garden are brilliant - they compliment each other as well as providing a lovely contrast to each other xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and you're welcome:) x

    ReplyDelete